Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday July 25th

Happy Birthday to me!

it has been a few days since i have written. I have been sick. I am feeling a little better today.

Monday we went to Ha long Bay. It was beautiful and breath taking. I just wish I felt better. Abby got car sick on the way back but other then that they were so good. We might make it after all on the flight home.

I think the best part of the trip was as we were hiking up the hill to the caves and the tour guide was carrying Sarah, I was too weak to carry anything. Matt was at the back with Abby and helping me. When we reached the top Sarah pointed to us and started talking in Vietnamese. The tour guide translated, she said,"That is my dad". It was priceless. She knows who we are. both girls have attached really well, it is amazing.

then on the way home in the van she looked at matt and said "Hi, Dad!" Oh how I wish I had the video camera going.

Those that are coming, I know it is hot here but take the trip to Ha Long bay. You will not regret it, I am so glad we went even though I was not feeling well.
On tuesday, matt picked up the girl's passports. Then later that afternoon we went to the SOS, international clinic, and had the girl's medical evaluation done for there visas. This is reguired. The next step is to have our 2nd US Embassy appointment. that could happen anyday, I am hoping by the 1st of August by the latest, or we will not make our flight home by the 3rd, because it is a morning flight and visas are usually not ready until one full business day later at 4 pm.

I will post more pictures when I feel better.

I miss you boys!

No comments: