Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

I first would like to tell my own mother how much I appreciate her. She is someone I hope to become some day. I wish I would have taken more time while growing up to listen and learn from her. I hate being 14 hours away from her. She has always been supportive of me and my crazy ideas, never tried to talk me out of them or make the decision for me. She has been through a lot, but was strong and full of faith and determination. Thank you mom, I love you.

I have also been blessed with a wonderful mother in law. I don't show my appreciation enough. She raised a wonderful, loving, caring and thoughtful son, that I love dearly. She is very talented. Thank you for your help and love and for such a wonderful son who is the love of my life and such a wonderful father.

I know that Mother's day is more of an Westernized Holiday. But I think often of my girls birth mother. I wonder how she is and if she thinks of them and aches for them. The details of how they ended up in the orphanage are not important. What a sacrifice she has made. I pray that she will be given peace in her heart knowing that they will be loved and cared for. I wish for someday, that the girls may meet her and feel of her love for them. I know these girls are meant to come into our home, I just wish that it was not tinted with sadness. The sadness of someone else's lost. I will always hold a special place in my heart for her.

Christie

No comments: